Baltimore Tree Removal
Do you need a large tree removed at your Baltimore Maryland property? If so, you should spend some time learning about the process before you begin. Tree removal can be tricky business, if you don’t know what you’re doing. And that includes hiring the right tree removal company for the job.
What You Need To Know About Large Tree Removal Before You Begin
Large tree removal is not just a matter of getting out the chainsaw and cutting down a tree. It requires precision planning and foresight if you want everything to go smoothly and without incident.
- Is a permit required? Contact the City and find out if you will be required to get a permit before you fell a tree on your property. Don’t skip this step; otherwise, you could be fined.
- Check for power lines. If there are any power lines or telephone lines within the fall area of the tree, contact the utility company so they can take the appropriate measures to avoid any damage.
- Clear the area. Remove everything that’s in the path of where the tree will fall.
- Hire a professional. Large tree removal should never be done by someone who isn’t experienced or doesn’t have the proper equipment. Removing a large tree can be very dangerous – even for the professionals.
What To Look For In A Reputable Baltimore Tree Removal Service
- Look for a company who offers 24 hour emergency tree removal services.
- You’ll need a tree company who has a crane service for trees that are in small or enclosed areas, storm damaged trees, trees that are split or broken, dangerous trees or dead trees. A crane will be necessary to remove these types of trees safely.
- Find out if the company charges extra for hazardous tree removal. Hazardous tree removal is any tree that is near power lines, dead trees or trees that house biting insects like wasps or bees, etc.
- You should use a TCIA accredited tree company.
- Ask if they have an ISA certified arborist on staff.
- Are they fully licensed and insured?
- Check the Better Business Bureau to see if they have a good rating.
- Will they haul off the tree that was removed and if so is there an extra cost for that service?
- Is stump removal included or is that an extra charge?
Find a Baltimore tree removal service who has a good reputation in the community and one who will give you a free quote. Be wary of other services who may give you a quote for a significantly lower price than everyone else.
It’s common for a not-so-reputable contractor to give a lower bid than the others just to get your business. Then once the job begins, he will “run into a problem” and will charge you extra to take care of it. Often times, that price will end up being more than any of the other bids you received.
Once you’ve found a reputable local Baltimore tree removal company, find out how long they’ve been in business. You want a company who’s been around for a long time and will be there when you need them. In addition, you want a company who will remove your large tree quickly, safely and with minimal to no damages.
Finding a good Baltimore tree removal company doesn’t have to be hard. Request an estimate today….